As we enter 2014, I have one not so distant goal ahead of me. The Princess Half Marathon!! Yes, it's my 4th year in a row participating, and this year it's a challenge! I am signed up to participate in the Glass Slipper Challenge! The Glass Slipper consists of 2 races; the inaugural Enchanted 10k on Saturday, and the Princess Half Marathon on Sunday. By participating in the challenge, you not only get a medal for each of those races, you recieve a glass slipper medal too! I am excited, I am all about the prizes!
So, my plan was to keep up with decent training between the Wine and Dine Half in November, until this Challenge, but I may have slacked off. Between work, and the holidays, running hit the back burner. I had a few bouts of vertigo which derailed me, as well as pure exhaustion, plus the holidays! So......from now until late February, I am determined to try to do as much as I can to prepare myself. Warning friends and family: weekends will be dedicated to long runs. Getting in training runs will prevail. All things will have to revolve around them.
My life will revolve around long runs, especially on the weekends, as well as trying my best to get in some shorter training runs during the week. I work a very physical job, as well as just mentally/emotionally tiring sometimes, so it can be hard to get home and run on the treadmill, but I will do my best! (I can't get up early and run, it just isn't happening before work!). I also need to get in some back to back runs on the weekend, hence my warning! I am hoping to have time goals for the race, but that will come in due time if I am able to accomplish them. Being winter, I am resorting to the treadmill (as well as it is too dark to run outside when I get home), because I am a cold weather wimp and just cannot handle the cold! It hurts me to my bones, that crazy cold air! Plus, if there is snow and ice on the ground, I worry about falling, and it hurts my knees and ankles too much. So I have lots of dates ahead with my treadmill, I did it last year, and can do it again this year! (Last year I ran 14 miles on that thing! Proud moment!). I already know I am going to be giving myself pep talks to get the runs in, motivation is hard to find at times, but it's my goal to really make training a priority, more so than I did for Wine and Dine and the Jingle Jungle 5k. I know I can do it after those 2 races (on the same day) with little to no minimal training. This time, I want to have bigger goals.
So here we go, on the road to the Glass Slipper!

5 comments:
You are the most determined girl I know!!
the first comment went to the wrong post!!
You're going to do great with this challenge. Stay true to your training and don't overdue. I'm so excited to finally meet you and run together for the 10K!
Happy to be your ChEar Squad again in February. Maybe it should be called the Fairy Godmother Squad this time. That glass slipper will fit when you complete your goal!
Post a Comment