Sunday, January 25, 2015

40.

I have not blogged in such a long while.  I have basically given up on any race recaps (Princess Half/Enchanted 10k/Glass Slipper Challenge 2014, Jingle Jungle 5k,Wine and Dine 2014) although they were great races (welllll, wine and dine was a bit of a damper, literally) and fun, I am a procrastinator and at this point, kinda obvious!  I kinda lack at the motivation to write I suppose!  I'm a good and loyal reader though!

But I feel like I should write something, as this is a monumental day (I guess).  It's my birthday, and no, it's not a national holiday and what not, it is a monumental year.  I am entering my 4th decade.  Or to put it mildly, it's my 40th.  I really can't fathom that!  What has happened?!  I don't consider myself at that age, but here it is.  People make such a big thing about it, I guess I feel like I should document it.  

I don't have much to say, I have the gray hairs on my head to prove it, but really, it's not bad.  I have more lines around my eyes when I smile, but really, it's not bad.  My smile is the same as it always has been.  My body/weight is a bit different, but really, it's not bad.  There are many things I have not experienced in life, that others have, but that's ok.  I don't really care. I am ok with who I am, and where I am.  Others can judge, but then that may limit them in their own lives. 

 As the days led up to this day, basically, the last year of my life!, I felt a little of that fear or trepidation.  But why?!  Society says "Yikes, 40!". But in real life? So many say that this is the time of their lives, and wouldn't change it for the world!  I am deciding to embrace it.  Maybe I will try new things.  I will probably revisit so many things I already have experienced.  I am going to embrace this, and while others may think, "oh no, this sucks.  I didn't do this, my plan was this and that, and it has not happened at all".  Whatever.  Life is not a planned thing on paper.  Society is so "traditional" in that you should have this and that by a certain point in your life".  That's pretty boring to me.  I say take the road less traveled, go outside the box, be different.  Don't dwell in what should have been.  Be in your moment, and enjoy your only life.  I plan to.  I plan to be happy with where I am and what I have.  This is a new chapter to begin!

So hello, 40.  It's  nice to meet you.  I hope we have a grand time!


{Photo taken in Disney World, where my bff and I celebrated our birthday, (same date, a year apart, I am older), in fun style a week early with a weekend visit to Disney World, no better place to celebrate!}

6 comments:

annied said...

Really, 40 is the new 20!

maggie said...

Thanks, Annie!! I'm told that!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Maggie! It really isn't bad!!! Glad to see a post from you. It made me smile!

maggie said...

Hi Heather! Long time no talk via comments, hope you are well!

Sparklle SLP said...

You look marvelous! Happy birthday!

Rae said...

Happy belated birthday! Love your attitude. :) I felt the same turning 30 and plan to keep it that way for 40.