Sunday, March 10, 2013
15 miles.
I had a pdr yesterday. PDR = personal distance record for those who don't know runner lingo. I ran 15 freakish miles! It was part of my training plan if I felt I could do it. I felt like crap half way through, but determination made me keep going to say I did it. I went slow (for me), although at times I found myself at my normal pace, way too early in the run which didn't help my legs near the end. I tried to slow back when I found my times too high. You are supposed to go slower than your race pace when doing long runs. I pretty much did for the most part. My legs and feet just hurt at the end! I craved coke with ice and a cupcake by the end. I got the coke with ice, but settled for a doughnut instead, b/c that was readily available. I even took an ice bath. Note: ice bath for me equals a tub with cold water. That was painful! I think it helped some though. So I can now say I ran 15 miles. Phew. Not sure I can go much further than that. At least til 15 becomes a bit more comfortable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, congrats!!!! That is fantastic!
Post a Comment